Your Career with Kelly's Home Center Starts Here
Job Type - Part Time & Full Time
We are looking for help to unload inventory using hand trucks and/or pallet jacks. Move boxed product to heavy machinery or racking to backstock. Stage product for the next day's deliveries. Maintain a clean and organized work space. Perform other duties as assigned, including customer pick-ups, operating heavy machinery at heights exceeding 15’, learning computer software to print and read reports specific to warehouse operations, stock checks, ability to communicate both verbally and written and stay steps ahead of work flow. Ability to seek solutions independently and read invoices for understanding. Being accountable for scheduled shift and attendance.
Operate in a professional manner with other warehouse staff, sales associates, delivery drivers, and especially customers. Ensuring customer satisfaction in alignment with our values, mission, and vision through our Daily Focus. Must be able to pass a drug screen (including marijuana) and background. Basic principles and function of a hand truck is a plus. Valid DMV license not necessary, but is greatly appreciated.
Must be willing to work holidays, possible Saturdays and evenings. Sundays off. Flexible schedule available.
$12.00 to $15.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Must be comfortable with heights.
- Take initiative and maintain a clean work environment.
- Understand and apply basic hand truck principles to maintain safety for individuals, products, and company property, to unload trucks or product on flat surfaces.
- Read reports and packing lists quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Perform customer loadouts using a scanner to keep inventory accurate.
- Any duties as assigned by warehouse manager, general manager, or operations manager.
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Ability to repeatedly handle large loads
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to use hand tools/drill
- Familiar with computer software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, & inventory management software)
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail as well as a larger vision of excellence
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to pass a preemployment drug tests (including marijuana) and criminal/background check