What GE front load washer is best for me?
Shopping for a new washing machine can be a daunting task, especially with all the models on the market today. Today though, we're hoping to help you narrow down those options by looking at GE’s current lineup of front load washers as we point out the pros and cons of some models that at a glance may look identical.
GFW550 GE Model?
We're going to start off by looking at GE’s entry level model the GFW550. While it doesn't have as many bells and whistles as some of the other models in this line, this unit is still a workhorse of a washer.
Some of its standout features are as follows:
• 4.8 cu ft capacity
• Included “More water” wash and rinse setting give you an optional deeper clean on heavily soiled laundry loads
• Microban antimicrobial door gasket helps reduce mold build up and keeps your washer smelling fresh and clean longer
• 32’’ depth on the unit allows it to fit in smaller spaces than other front load washer models
• Ultra-fresh vent system with Odor block helps to reduce excess moisture from the washer allowing damp clothes to left in the washer longer without developing a musty smell
GFW650 GE Model
Up next, would be the step up model GFW650 which retains all the features of the GFW550 but also adds in a few new ones.
• Smart dispense feature adds in a detergent dispenser which can hold up to 32 loads of detergent and automatically dispenses the right amount of detergent for the size of the load of laundry you are washing.
• Power steam feature that helps remove tough stains while still being gentle on clothes
Following the GF650 is the upscaled GFW85.
• Increased capacity of 5 cu ft to accommodate larger loads
• 1 Step wash and dry feature allows you to wash and dry small loads of laundry in your washing machine, removing the need to transfer the clothes to your dryer.
• Available in two colors, sapphire blue or white
GE Profile PFW950 Model
Lastly, we have the GE profile PFW950.
• Extra-large capacity sitting at 5.3 cu ft
• Built in “Adaptive MySettings” feature allows your washer to learn your wash cycle preferences and will personalize your wash selections appropriately
• Smart home integration allows you to sync up the unit with Alexa
Which Model is Right for Your Family?
So you may still be asking what model would be the best fit for me and my family? If you're looking for a reliable washing machine without a lot of extra features, the GFW550 is a great choice.
If you have kids or pets and deal with stains often, one of the models with power steam would be a great fit to help you keep your clothes looking fresh and new. Do you have a large family or have guests regularly stay over? The large capacity of the PFW950 would let you wash larger and fewer loads.
Ultimately though, when trying to determine what features will be worth investing in with a new washing machine a good rule of thumb is to ask what features will best compliment your day to day life, and with GE’s washer line, they have the versatility to find a good fit for anyone.
Where to Find your GE Washer?
If you are looking for a GE washing machine then you should contact Kelly’s Appliance. We are located in Salem, Eugene and Corvallis. Plus, we deliver to most surrounding cities to ensure that they are able to help more customers.
Come into one of our locations to find the perfect washing machine for your needs!